[CentOS] DNS & DHCP Management System

Mon Jun 13 11:23:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 06:12 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> > There is NO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >

> > > bind and dhcpd support dynamic dns.
> >
> > OK, when I resig on managing DNS and I will use !bind and dhcpd support
> > dynamic dns! I stil need an tool for managing DHCP entries.
>
> vi?

To elaborate a little:

you can edit the file /etc/dhcpd.conf

and have entries like this:

       host johnny1 {
         option host-name "johnny1.home.local";
         hardware ethernet 00:a0:cc:62:6d:2c;
         fixed-address 192.168.0.16;
       }

What else do you need to manage via a tool?

Here is a simple, but fully working file:

http://centos.hughesjr.com/testing/dhcpd.conf