[CentOS] Re: Is a new HP-dl380 dual XEON 64 bit or 32 bit -- Why not DL385?

Thu Jun 16 03:02:32 UTC 2005
Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv>

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 21:17 -0400, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
>> I am still blown away at how short a time it takes to download a dvd iso.
>> this is good becuase the rest of my white box servers are amd_64 bit.
>
> BTW, is there any reason you'all didn't buy HP DL385 (dual-Opteron)
> instead?  Exact same 2U, redundant power, 6-disc setup as the DL380.

I really wish you had not of pointed that out to me.
I was not aware there was a 385.
If I had of known....
Its been some years since working with this series, back when they were
compaq, and I liked the series then. My boss bought this 380 on my
recomendation.

Oh well I am sure the 380 will serve it's purpose just as well. almost.