[CentOS] X-Windows client for MS-Win2K

Thu Jun 16 17:17:22 UTC 2005
Mike Kercher <mike at CamaroSS.net>

Have you considered using VNC instead?  I do this to just start an
xterm...from there I can run Mozilla or whatever.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of James B. Byrne
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:14 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] X-Windows client for MS-Win2K

An intermittent need to connect to a CentOS4 development box from a MS-Win2K
workstation using X-Windows has developed here.  However, I cannot seem to
find a cheap (read free) X-windows client for MS- Windows to accommodate
this.  This seems very odd to me, displaying no doubt my profound ignorance
of the issues involved.  The few shareware versions that I have located
expect registration fees in the $90-100 range, which is something I have
never encountered before.

Is there a free X-Windows client for Microsoft OS's?  Why is this software
so rare and dear?

Regards,
Jim

--