[CentOS] Re: screen fonts -- LCD and Analog Connections ...

Sat Jun 18 01:24:37 UTC 2005
Corwin Burgess <msgclblix at cox.net>

Ryan wrote:

> I don't know where to make the adjustments you've suggested- I've
> posted my monitor's specs and my xorg.conf below, any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Here are the specs of my monitor:
> http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?CategoryName=cpu_Refurbished_Displays&ProductSKU=SDMHS53%2fBT%2fBSTOCK&TabName=specs&var2=
>

> Here is the relevant part of xorg.conf
>
> Section "Monitor"
>     Identifier   "Monitor0"
>     VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
>     ModelName    "LCD Panel 1024x768"
>     DisplaySize  300    230
>     HorizSync    28 - 61
>     VertRefresh  48 - 75
>     Option        "dpms"
> EndSection

I'm like you in that if I had your problem I don't know if I could
effectively solve this problem. From your monitor's specs everything
looks good to me but I have one question. From your specs I don't know
if your DisplaySize of 300 230 is correct.

I used the following command:

$ xdpyinfo | grep dimensions
  dimensions:  1024x768 pixels (361x271 millimeters)

My DisplaySize is 360 270. I calculate that the 360mm is about 14.1" and
the 270mm is about 10.6". The viewing dimensions of my monitor is close
to 14.1"x10.6". If I'm correct then your monitor's viewing dimensions
should be about 11.8"x9.1" if the DisplaySize 300 230 is correct. I
converted to inches by multiplying by 0.03937.  Someone else would have
to tell you how to make changes if that's necessary. I'm sure some
expert will correct me if this is wrong!

Try the following command:
$ xdpyinfo -ext all