[CentOS] CentOS 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing

Tue Jun 21 01:48:02 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Johnny Hughes wrote:

> So the best thing to do at this point is probably to download and install
> the 4.0 glibc.i386 (glibc-2.3.4-2.i386.rpm) like this:
>
> wget
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4.0/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/glibc-2.3.4-2.i386.rpm
>
> rpm -Uvh --force glibc-2.3.4-2.i386.rpm

Another posibility is to edit /etc/yum.conf, and change "exactarch=1" to
"exactarch=0", and run "yum update glibc.i386".  When it is done, edit
/etc/yum.conf again, and undo the change (set "exactarch=1").  Run "yum
update" to update the rest of the system.

Oh, and I'd like to thanks Bryan for extremely educative and informative
mailings about i586.  Well, at least to me, I still have two Intel
Pentium MMX chips in working condition and powered on 24/7.  One of them
powering my laptop, and the other was happily running Apache, Sendmail
and Cyrus IMAPD servers until about month or two ago (now being used as
firewall) ;-)