[CentOS] Re: Opteron Mobo Suggestions -- again, get a mainboard with an AMD8131 (it's that simple)

Fri Jun 24 07:24:06 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

> P.S.  If you think you're going to get a dual-Opteron mainboard for
> under $300, it's near impossible.  The only ones that are under $300
> typically lack an AMD8131 -- i.e., _no_ PCI-X channels.  You'd be better
> off getting a $100 Athlon64 nForce mainboard with an Athlon64x2 4200+
> and a PCIe x4 or PCIe x8 storage controller instead.

Do you have any information on PCIe storage controllers?

I have googled and gone here and there but not found anything.

Do you know of any card that supports more than 4 SATA ports without a
dumb fakeraid tacked on? Just a pure SATA card with more than 4 ports.