[CentOS] Re: How fouled-up can you get??

Fri Jun 24 16:38:21 UTC 2005
beartooth <beartooth at adelphia.net>

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:25:24 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> Weird, I just tried it and it worked.  Are you behind a proxy?

Hmmm.... Yes, Privoxy. But it doesn't impair my handling other Mailman
subscriptions. (It's on my private machine, btw, not a corporate one; I'm
an old retired fart, with no corporate anything any more. Ah, bliss ...)

To answer someone else's question, I also run half a dozen browsers, with
different settings; it's possible I tried with one refusing cookies -- but
iirc, I tried three browsers, one of them almost certainly Opera 8.01.
Could the site be one that thinks Opera doesn't do cookies even though it
does? There are some ...

Anyway, one of the moderators very kindly changed the setting for me; so
I'm a happy camper now.

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1-3, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2; Privoxy 3.0.3;