[CentOS] What do you think about this motherboard?

Mon Jun 27 05:11:54 UTC 2005
Shawn M. Jones <smj at littleprojects.org>

Juan Carlos wrote:

>I should have mention that at work we are only allowed to use RHEL3
>and Centos3 for now due to our scripts and third party software we
>need. But back to being on topic regarding that motherboard.....I am
>really interested to see if people are already using that board in
>servers. What limitations have you seen? Performance is important to
>me but stability is the most important.

All I can do is reiterate my experience with a 3ware 9500 and a
motherboard with a VIA chipset.  The two don't play well together.  I
switched to a Supermicro with an entirely Intel chipset (earlier
rendition of the one it looks like you're looking at), and have had no
downtime since.

--Shawn