[CentOS] Re: sendmail and spamassassin

Tue Jun 28 13:22:02 UTC 2005
James B. Byrne <ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca>

Thanks for all of the advice.  I was afraid that I would have to add
some sort of glue application to tie the two together.  We run
MailScanner with Sendmail, DCC, Razor and SA on the final delivery
machines but I was hoping to have a frontend filter with a somewhat
simpler setup from a maintenance point of view.

I have installed amavisd (from Dag Wieers repo.) on one of our MX
machines for testing purposes and if, as I anticipate, I have further
questions then I will be back.  Actually, I have one.  The setup
documentation refers to a duel sendmail setup.  Will the default
install work with one sendmail instance?  If I have to set up two
then I might as well go the whole MailScaner route.

Regards,
Jim

--

***     e-mail is NOT a secure channel     ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB.<token>@Harte-Lyne.ca