[CentOS] Re: Offtopic Posts [was Re: [OT] Memory Models and Multi/Virtual-Cores -- WAS: 4.0 -> 4.1 update failing]

Wed Jun 29 02:27:36 UTC 2005
Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org>

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 21:22, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> If he includes docs and long posts, there are complaints ... if not, he
> is a troll ... come on.

It wouldn't bother me as much if he didn't go with this all over the place.

Search google for PAE52 and filter out the non technical docs (or try PAE52
+athlon). Only Bryan's posts.

Search for Athlon64 and EV6 - and the only one that says it is the same bus
and not hyperthreading (with a few legacy remainders of EV6 like the location
of certain memory locations) - again only Bryan.

People that say AthlonMP can go >4GB linear? Only Bryan.

Posts that don't acknoledge that Athlon64 and 32bit athlon are indeed based on
the same core but have major differences (i.e. 64bit extensions, ht bus
rather than ev6, ...) ? you guessed it - only Bryan.

Sorry, but for me, that's a little weird... So many engineers in this world
and only one person can see the truth?

Peter.