[CentOS] Hot swap CPU

Wed Jun 29 13:05:42 UTC 2005
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

AFAIK motherboards that support hot swapping are in the big iron
range.  CPU hotswaping IME is limited in the commodity space.

Nikos Zaharioudakis wrote:

> Let's assume that I have a machine with at least 4 CPUs.
> In case that one of these fails what are my options.
> I mean, could I take that cpu offline and maybe ( I say maybe) I could
> change it without taking down the server ?
> What is the suggested procedure?
> Is this the same procedure no matter what cpu architecture I have
> (Itanium, or PPc or whatever )
> Thanks in advance for the attention
>
> Zaharioudakis Nikos

Computer House Calls, Networks, Security, Web Design:
http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
What businesses are in Brunswick, Maryland?  Check Brunswick First!
http://www.checkbrunswickfirst.com
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: