[CentOS] Bluequartz / CentOS / Tyan ProFTP problem [SOLVED]

Wed Jun 29 19:59:37 UTC 2005
Peter Rombouts <peternews at xs4all.nl>

Peter Rombouts wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new to this list, I used (and still do) Raq550's for our hosting.
> I just bought a Tyan server, pre-installed with BlueQuartz etc.
>
> Everything is working nicely, but I can't FTP in to the box with any
> other user than admin.
>
> This is the logging when I use admin, I can browse around, put files in,
> so that looks OK.
>
> But if I use another user, created with the BlueQuartz GUI, of shell
> scripts, this is what happens:
> I can log in, but if I ls to look at the content of the dir, the server
> kicks me out.
>
> I'm breaking my head over this one, probably something stupid I'm
> overseeing, never had these problems on the RaQ servers, so I don't have
> any reference with configfiles etc.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Well I solved my own problem!

I did a stupid thing I guess: During testing I entered the host
192.168.1.1 in /etc/hosts and from then I couldn't log in from that
perticular host.

I deleted the entry (it was there for testing purposes because I didn't
have DNS) and now everything is working perfectly!

So, disregard my mail, next time I'll check my files before I post....

Cheers,
Peter