[CentOS] IMP 4

Thu Jun 30 14:39:08 UTC 2005
alex at milivojevic.org <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>:

> Has Horde gotten any easier to install?  I haven't fooled around with
> it in 2-3 years and remember having to wrestle with it to install on
> a RH 7.3 box.  I'm always a bit shy about installing programs that
> have this huge underlying "framework" dependency to deal with in
> order to make it work.  I do like the imp interface though.

Easier to administer once you get it working.  Most of the common
configuration
tasks can be done via administrative web interface (however, you'll still need
to manually edit files to define your IMAP server(s), and some other stuff).

For installing, there's still lots of dependencies.  The installation
instructions are good, so simply following them brings you to the fully
working
system relatively fast.  The biggest pain is that couple of PHP modules
are not
part of CentOS, but you can fetch them from Dag's repository (I have some of
them too, if I can see about placing them somewhere on the web, but I
said, Dag
should also have most of them).  There's also test page for horde and imp that
will tell you if some required components are missing.