[CentOS] boot failure after install

Thu Jun 30 14:47:32 UTC 2005
alex at milivojevic.org <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>:

> But Lilo is not an option anymore on the installer...  :-(

It's still an option if you use kickstart.  Simply place this line into your
kickstart file:

bootloader --location=mbr --useLilo

You might also want to place "-grub" line into %packages section to
prevent grub
package from being installed.

I haven't done interactive installation for a long time (I'm mostly doing
kickstart installations), but I do remember somebody writing that LILO option
is hidden under "Advanced" button on intallation screen.  I don't know if that
is correct.

Sounds like you are doing CentOS/Fedora/RH installations regulary?  You should
consider doing it using kickstart, it's going to save you lot of time (no more
clicking to select same options time and time again).  You just boot of CD,
type "linux ks=location_of_ks.cfg" on boot prompt, go for a coffe, when
you are
back, the system is installed.  If you are familiar with PXE, you can
even have
the system boot from the network and install itself automatically.