[CentOS] RHEL Un question

Beau Henderson silentbob at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 03:26:45 UTC 2005

"Un" im unsure off, what you are referring to by that. U5 is Update 5
of ( I presume RHEL 3 ). If you have a look at the CentOS 3 branch,
you'll see its at CentOS 3.4 ( meaning Centos 3 with Update 4 ). So to
answer your question, these are updates to the initial base install of
the OS which provide newer software ( at times ) bug fixes, etc. etc.
They are released 3 - 4 times a year per build and centos release them
usually shortly after RHEL does so. Update 5 for 3 is in "beta" at the
moment. Update 1 for 4 will come, 4's only just been released.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:21:42 -0700, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance, since I have not used any RedHat
> (enterprise or otherwise) until Fedora FC3 (a few weeks) and now
> CentOS4 (permanently). I keep finding references to Un (I believe it's
> up to U5 now) in references to bugfixes, etc for RHEL. I presume (?)
> these are dot releases after the initial release?
>
> Is there anything equivalent for CentOS, or is this RedHat only behavior?
>
> TIA,
>
> --
>  Collins
>        When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,
>        it was the start of a new Arab world.... The Berlin Wall has fallen.
>                - Lebanese Druze leader Walid Jumblatt

Beau Henderson
http://www.ImInteractive.com