[Centos] RFE: Please create a announcement mailing list

Bernd Bartmann bernd.bartmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 05:47:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:53:04 +0100 (BST), Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
> > Ok, when we're already discussing the update/errata announcements here
> > are some more things to consider:
> >
> > 1. all announcements should be GPG signed by a central CENTOS key
>
> no - they are signed by individual keys that have been signed by a
> central centos key.

Ok.

> > 2. md5sums and/or sha1sums should be listed next to each rpm filename
> > 3. the announcements should be a little more verbose (include
> > ChangeLog, release date, obsoletes, advisory id, ...). Use the RHES or
> > Fedora announcements as templates
> > 4. a web-site like https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel4es-errata.html
> > should be created
>
> and are you volunteering ??

As stated earlier I can offer a little bit help here. So let me repeat
my questions:
1. is there already something like a database for the released updates
/ erratas?
2. are the announcements already indexed by an advisory id somewhere?
3. where and how can I integrate my scripts?
4. is the announcement posting process already automated?

Bye,
Bernd.