[CentOS] spamassassin - sa-learn

Thu Mar 31 18:27:35 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 12:16 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > How do I get this set up?
> >
> > spamassassin -D --lint
> >
> > shows me an error...
> >
> > debug: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB
> > R/O: /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
> >
> > and with no db present, it doesn't learn.
> >
> > Is there something simple that I'm missing?
>
> [also related to your reply to Ajay's mail]
>
> If spamd is running as root, and you want to use spamd, than you should
> use spamc utility to connect to it.  spamassassin is stand-alone, it
> doesn't utilize spamd.  If spamd is running as root, it will assume
> identity of connecting user (the one who run spamc utility).
>
> Now, do you want to have per-user bayes databases, or one global
> database?  Do you connect to spamd as user or from some daemon, and does
> that daemon uses smapd or has copy its own copy of spamassassin (like
> mimedefang)?
>
> I'm affraid you'll have to give much more details...
----
OK - perhaps my question should have been directed to 'MailScanner' list

My usage is for company owned/operated mail servers and my specialty is
5 - 50 users on the network

Thus, I am thinking that it should be a global database

I am using MailScanner and it seems to be the 'caller' of spamassassin.
Spamassassin evaluates and scores the incoming mails and MailScanner
appropriately tags the header and sieve will direct the 5+ scores into
the users SPAM folder.

Craig