[CentOS] Compiling Kernel Modules

Maciej Zenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Tue May 3 11:32:44 UTC 2005

Well, I thought they had an unsupported dir for that.

OTOH, since CentOS isn't really supported could we maybe turn reiserfs on
in the centos kernel builds?  If you want heavy-duty support you're not
going for CentOS anyway...  And it's a tad easier to make the few changes
to the .config before the build system then it is to compile the module
from source at home (which is effectively forcing a full kernel compile
on me on a Celeron 366)... (although the reiserfs module is 2 MB's or
so... so it could also be a matter of space...)

It would probably be best to make a kernel-module-reiserfs package and
stick in extras/centosplus or somewhere... except I don't really know how
to go about doing that :)

Well anyway, if anyone wants a reiserfs module for CentOS 4, I'll have it
built by the end of today...

Cheers,
MaZe.