[CentOS] how to install R statistics package on Centos-4

Allison Maury

alli at pasteur.fr
Wed May 4 13:48:27 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and interested in installing the R statistics package on a
Centos-4 machine using yum, if possible.  From the R website, I see that
I can download an rpm for rhel 4.  I don't know if the equivalent exists
for Centos.  I did look through the list that 'yum list available'
yields and didn't seem to find a package for R.

Can you recommend how best to install R?  Should I install the rhel 4
binary or should I compile from source?  How do I use yum to install a
downloaded rpm?  etc.

Thanks for your help,
Allison