[CentOS] **££!!*** Proliant!

Fri May 6 12:09:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 11:35 +0100, Nigel Kendrick wrote:

> [...]

The megaraid driver is hit and miss it works good with some controllers
and not with others ... there are improvements in newer kernels.

I would download the boot.iso from both centos-3.4 and centos-4.0 and
see if it recognizes the controller.

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/os/i386/images/

and

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3/os/i386/images/

Boot from the ISO file and do:

linux rescue

When asked pick that the rescue image is at an http location use the
below information:

server:  mirror.centos.org

path:  centos/4/os/i386

Since there is no linux currently on there, skip the mounting
question ...

fdisk -l

should tell you if the drives are recognized

You could also download just the CD-1 for centos-3.x and centos-4.x from
a public mirror and boot from that, then do:

linux rescue

from the isolinux boot prompt as well ... if one works, then get the
other ISOs for that version.

-- Johnny Hughes