[CentOS] segmentation fault issue

Badli Al Rashid b.rashid at mailsend4u.com
Tue May 10 05:45:34 UTC 2005

<quote who="bruno.s.delbono at mail.ac">

> I've had a problem like this with yum when I installed a copy of Brightmail and Sun Messaging
> Server on
> the machine and ldconfig path was changed to include those directories "before" /usr/lib.

hai i didnt install any other software yet for the machine; it's just running a vanilla centos 3.4
 installation.

> 1) ldd the binary and make sure all the correct libs are being used
it just gives the following output when i run "ldd /usr/bin/yum" not a dynamic excutable

> 2) Run yum under gdb and send us the backtrace
how do i run yum under gdb ? and send you the backtrace

> 3) As someone pointed, send/post the log from: strace yum update
did "strace yum update > /tmp/strace.log" as root but it does not send the output of strace to the
logfile.

the segmentation fault only occured yesterday night, but when i had rebooted the machine the
segmentation fault was no more. Im sorry but im not a programmer by profession.