[CentOS] CentOS Convert Question

admin at dougware.net

Fri May 6 22:39:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

First, I want to say that I have fallen in love with CentOS4.  I have been
using RedHat since the 5.x days.  After RedHat dropped the stable system
to go to a unstable system and a Enterprise system I felt like I was being
left out in the cold.  I quickly found out about WhiteBox and used it for
quite a while.  Then I learned about CentOS...and switched to it for my
server needs.  I have switched to CentOS4 and it is an awsome stable
operating system.  I just wanted to add my praise before I asked my
question.

I need a network based distributed operating system, something like
Intermezzo or Coda to keep two servers in sync on one partition.  I have a
server at work and at home that I want to keep a MyDocuments partition in
sync.  NFS will not work because I need a offline or online solution.
RSYNC will not work, who many inconsistancies from files being created and
removed.  Will GFS work for my needs when they release U1 for CentOS?  If
not, does anyone have any coda or intermezzo rpms for CentOS4?

Thanks again,
Doug Eubanks
admin at dougware.net