[CentOS] Mini-centOS

David González Romero dgr at snap.cu
Fri May 13 12:51:55 UTC 2005

> notebook (P III 1G, 256MB RAM). I need gnome, firefox, openoffice,
My notebook is more old of you. I have a Celeron 500MHz whit 128Mb RAM and
4.7 Gb HDD, i run CentOS 4 (XFcee+OOorg2.0
beta+Firefox+Mplayer+XMMS+Gaim+much more).

For this configuration is very easy download the software of internet. I
install only the base system on my laptop, and less to less i will be a
compiler a diferent software. XFce is not necesary to compiler, because in
the any repository of CentOS it´s this software in the extra direcotry.
OOorg 2.0 exist the rpm binary on the Openoffice.org web site, and Mplayer
is very easy to install. Some software need the depend, but i catch in
this repositoryhttp://dag.wieers.com/packages/

> there any project that I could have a mini-centOS in the future???
Well i dont know about this, but i belive is not necesary a Mini-CentOS
because i get obtain that configuration whitout Mini-CentOS..

Regards,
David

ASLiC 100 % CUBANA- Software Libre es LIBERTAD.
Tec. David Gonzalez Romero
- Miembro Coordinador del Proyecto de
  Asociación de Software Libre Cubana
- Activista del Grupo de Usuarios Linux-Habana
http://lihab.snap.cu/
Linux counter: 242534