[CentOS] clamav-0.85

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Mon May 16 14:54:31 UTC 2005

> > there, Nervous explained to me that clamav will still update until Dag
> > gets 0.85 up.
> >
> > so this was good news!
>
> Yes, I actually asked the clamav people to not break clamav everytime they
> release a new version. It seems so silly to expect everyone to upgrade the
> day a new version is available. Sadly they still show that very confusing
> message, and I get tons of mail from people that think they have to tell
> me that a new version is released...
>
> The clamav people do not seem to realise that I don't need those mails and
> people shouldn't be panicing... Anyway, I'm currently in the US, my
> buildsystem was disconnected from the Internet, Dries fixed it a few hours
> ago at my appartement and I rebuilt clamav. I'm now doing some more
> packages since generating the metadata is very expensive and I don't want
> to do that for a single update.

Hi Dag!

thx for your reply...for sure you do not need to reply to my pvt. msg to
you...lighten your load a tiny bit.

I am really not worried at all bout this as long as I know clamav just
keeps on doing it's thing regardless of the version.

I will just check back once a week or so @ your site...

thx

john rose