[CentOS] raidtab on centos 4

Peter Farrow

peter at farrows.org
Tue May 17 09:48:27 UTC 2005

Hi There,

I re-installed Centos 4 on a box previously running x86 Solaris 10.
After a reboot a got a BAD PBR SIG so I used rescue mode and grub to
install a boot loader on each of my software-raided disks. Which works
fine and allows me to boot ok.

My question is, what happened to /etc/raidtab the machine boots ok and
lists all the raid-1 devices I set up in the install (including the
/boot partition) but there is no raidtab file.

I tried using dmraid to take a look at the software RAID setup but it
reports "No Software Raid"

So my question is "what happened to mkraid commands and stuff like
/etc/raidtab", /proc/mdstat reports fine...

P.