[CentOS] web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap problems

Thu May 19 14:03:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 08:52 -0500, Marc Powell wrote:

> [...]

That is exactly the issue ... several programs install RPMS that contain
perl modules (and that are requirements).  When you use CPAN, yum/rpm
don't know what is really installed.  Packages that contain perl modules
over write what is installed via CPAN as well (without regard to CPANs
installs).

So you are left with a mess, in most cases.

One where perl modules can be very hard to track.

Having a perl module that is too old or too new can cause major issues.

Those are my concerns :)