[CentOS] Promise FastTrak series

Steven Moix - Axianet.ch steven.moix at axianet.ch
Sat May 21 13:35:01 UTC 2005

Hum, if I decide to use software RAID (the dark and easy way) I can use my
standard onboard IDE controller instead of the Promise card...Actually I
wonder what the difference is between a full-software solutiuon like the one
provided by the linux kernel and a semi-hardware solution like the
Promise...

As far as I know the only benefit of a semi-hardware solution is to "share"
the workload between the CPU and a RAID chip but you need a nasty driver to
do that...