[CentOS] file compatibility issue

Mon May 23 02:06:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 08:47 -0400, William Warren wrote:
> installing that library allowed the program to run.  An rpm is
> still desirable though..I will then submit it to the zproject for
> inclusion in their downloads with proper credit given of course.

William,

It took longer than I wanted to get the RPM built ... they didn't have a
"make install" section to their make file, or the normal required things
that redistributed packages need (COPYING, NEWS, README, etc.) ... so I
had to actually break out kdevelop and do some C++ coding, split their
manual file into the standard Linux items for distribution, then I had
to use autoconf and automake to make the code portable across arches :)

I left a PM on The Z Project forums telling them that I was making an
RPM of their source code.

The RPMS for CentOS-4 (i386 and x86_64) and the SRPM are here:

http://centos.hughesjr.com/4/testing/resgen-2.0/

Please test and make sure it does what it needs to ... my C++ is a bit
rusty, and I don't have a Half-Life install to test it on :)

After you install the RPM, resgen should be in /usr/bin

The SRPM will also build OK on centos-3 ... though it uses a different
version of libc on the older distros.  It should build OK on any RH
based distros ... or any RPM based distro (SUSE, Mandriva, etc.).

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes