[CentOS] Nautilus / Desktop Icons

Henk van Lingen

henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Mon May 23 09:45:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've a nautilus problem with CentOS 4. It doesn't show the desktop
items any more (also after dropping all gnome files/dirs from a users
homedir) en the right mouse button menu also doesn't work.

Googling around I've found various items about the problem but until now
not a clear solution. Some people mention some 'browser mode in nautilus
preferences'. But I can't get there. Even if I login with a KDE desktop
I can't launch nautilus (nothing happens).

Any ideas? I've SELinux enabled, I hope that's not related?

Cheers,
--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |