[CentOS] CentOS4, KDE3.3 and 128 WEP

ryan ryanag at zoominternet.net
Mon May 23 10:49:50 UTC 2005

system-config-network from the commandline brings up a GUI that you can
enter in the WEP key for. You do not need to upgrade to KDE 3.4 for this.

>What do people recommend?

My recommendation is to use a different included GUI tool than kwifi
(system-config-network). Instructions are here:
http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-sag-en-4/s1-network-config-wireless.html

You can also edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (or whatever
your LAN card is) directly, but if you have never done this before, I'd say
use the GUI.