[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue May 24 07:34:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 08:24 +0100, Peter Farrow wrote:
> Just turn off SELinux, it really is a complete pain.
> I've managed to set up Linux and Unix boxes securely for years without
> all the SE Linux baggage.....
> All it does is slow the machine down, and adds "bloat" to the OS...

Unfortunately, Mandatory Access Controls (MACs) are a necessary
accountability detail needed in many environments.

It's really the only place NT was better than legacy UNIX.

Of course, I would return argue that Linux at least addresses all
aspects of the 7 domains of the SSCP _except_ the MAC portion of
DAC/MAC, whereas Microsoft only addresses 3 of them in the OS as
standard.

But we needed MAC.  It's a good thing to have in many environments --
especially where accountability is essential.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->