[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Tue May 24 12:08:31 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>Unfortunately, Mandatory Access Controls (MACs) are a necessary
>accountability detail needed in many environments.
>
><snip>
>

>But we needed MAC.  It's a good thing to have in many environments --
>especially where accountability is essential.

I concede that SElinux may be useful in some enterprise environments or
on systems with shared access.  For a typical server install, it's
simply in the way because it breaks so many other packages and creates
an extra layer of complexity where it's really not necessary.  I've
always thought it should be turned off by default.  People that need MAC
will know how to turn it back on and it will spare "the innocents"
(grin) from posting a gazillion messages about why their favourite
software packages are broken with CentOS/RHEL/etc.

Cheers,