[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Tue May 24 14:25:08 UTC 2005

This line
" It makes 0700 the same as 0770. "

in the context of one group per user makes perfect sense to me......

What John is getting at is that if one user is assigned their own
individual group, then the concept of groups for security granularity is
negated which essentially removes the middle part of the unix
permissions syntax as the group and user are one and the same, so 0700
is 0770, and in this instance your comment "0700 is and will always be
different from 0770" does not apply.... you are right in that 0700 is
different to 0770 but the security upshot is the same if each user has
their own unique group and in that scenario there is no functional
difference between 0700 and 0770.

This is the essence of John's statement which I think you may have
missed....

Hope this makes it clear...

regards

Pete