[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue May 24 16:06:41 UTC 2005

From: Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>
> I still disable it though 'cause its a real pain....

Yes, because it's new, the defaults are immature, and the majority of both developers and system administrators don't know much about it.  So disable it and let others deal with it if the want to.  You have that choice.  ;->

But by making it the standard in its EL4 line (including FC2+, with changes in FC3+ which RHEL4 inherited), it forces everyone to start learning it, start reporting good defaults, and get it adopted as a standard by everyone.  Red Hat does this all-the-time, and doesn't blink when people start screaming about compatibility because it really only does it when it's really, really a necessary adoption.  ;->

As I said before, one person I really feel for is Jorg.  The guy is "on-the-ball" with POSIX developments, and reguarly gets chastized for breaking compatibility to do so -- especially when some implementations (e.g., GNU Tar) were non-standard in the first place!  ;->

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org