[CentOS] Re: Demonizing generic Linux issues as Fedora Core-only issues -- WAS: Hi, Bryan

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:58:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 06:52, Feizhou wrote:

> Quit the cipe yapping already. The developer should really get his cipe
> module into the mainline kernel.
>
> If you are really so miffed about no cipe, try this cipe source rpm for
> centOS4.

Thanks - as you probably know, the long-winded discussion isn't
really about CIPE specifically so much as the philosophy behind
bundling a few thousand things together and then trying to
please anyone with a blanket policy about maintaining backwards
compatibility vs bug fixes vs new features.  And while I
realize that there may never be a good solution, I'll be really
happy if some new options fall out of it, like this being
included in a centos kernel-unsupported-something-or-other package.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com