[CentOS] bash 3.0 freeze

Shawn M. Jones smj at littleprojects.org
Mon May 30 16:51:52 UTC 2005

jose luis faria wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I need to compile it because I want to change two lines the the sources.

It looks like the RPM that comes with CentOS 4 includes the original
bash code + 36 patches worth of bugfixes and functionality adjustments.
The RPM that comes with your distribution has been tested to work with
the other tools in that distribution.  Once you leave that chain,
especially with something as widely used as bash, all kinds of
unforeseen results can occur.

I'd stick with the one from your distro, and modify the SRPM from there.

I'm also very curious, what do these two lines do anyway?

Sincerely,

Shawn M. Jones