[CentOS] Install Guide for PostFix (with DoveCot, SquirrelMail, MailScanner, ClamAV) on CentOS-4

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon May 30 21:04:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-30-05 at 20:05 +0200, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> Anybody use the following?
> http://rpmpan.sourceforge.net

I have, but some RPMs haven't worked.  I sometimes receive install
errors, or the packages appear to install, but then fail to work.  Other
software doesn't always pick up the installed perl packages - no idea
why.  On the other hand, some RPMs have worked flawlessly.

Anyway, rpmpan is mostly good for what it provides.  You just have to be
careful: test thoroughly and decided before hand if you're going to
trust the RPMs on a production server: not just for reliability, but in
terms of security as well (head the site's warnings about the RPMs).

HTH,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu