[CentOS] Kernel bug in software RAID?

Johnny Hughes

Mon May 9 15:46:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 08:39 -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > If you can define the specific bug and a fix, I would be happy to
> > produce a test kernel with the fix included ... or provide you with a
> > test kernel from what will become CentOS-4.1 (currently in internal
> > testing).
>
> Since we are at kernel bugs, is fix for bug #151284 (NFS data corruption
> when mmap is used) included in 4.1?

In the beta kernel there are these fixes listed for mmap in the
changelog ... (151284 is not listed):

- Fix possible futex mmap_sem deadlock
- Add the flex-mmap bits for s390/s390x (Pete Zaitcev)
- Add flex-mmap for x86-64 32 bit emulation

There may be a newer kernel though ... this one is kernel-2.6.9-6.37.EL.