[CentOS] centos 3.5 ?

Johnny Hughes

Wed May 11 10:07:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 11:54 +0800, Ceg Ryan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I see centos 3.5Beta in the beta.centos.org.
> Is this the next release of version 3 ?
> Strangely, 3.4 is not the final release of version 3 ?
>
> Thx
> Ceg Ryan

Quarterly (about) RHEL releases new ISOs for RHEL-3 and RHEL-4.  They
call them Update1, Update2, etc.  Almost all BugFix updates and
enhancements are done via those releases.  The RHEL update release CDs
boot the latest RH Kernel and contain all updates to that point on the
new ISOs.

CentOS uses point releases that match the update number.  So CentOS-3.1
was RHEL with Update 1 ... CentOS-3.3 is all the changes for update3,
etc.  Currently, RedHat has RHEL4 update4 with update 5 in beta:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/taroon-list/2005-March/msg00291.html

When RH releases their Update5 .. CentOS will release CentOS-3.5.