[CentOS] Re: Hardware RAID Controller -- not a "bug"

Chris Croome

chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed May 11 14:06:41 UTC 2005

Hi

On Wed 11-May-2005 at 08:40:33AM -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> The 3Ware 9000 series adds a good amount of DRAM for more
> buffering operations, such as RAID-5 writes.  But they are new,
> and the drivers are still maturing.

Yeah...

FWIW there was a thread last month on fedora-devel:

- 3w-9xxx module version in FC4
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-April/thread.html#00872

I thought this comment was interesting:

  We never use these systems for high usage scenarios like a
  database server or sometimes even a home directory server.  Nearline
  backup and slow storage is what we consider them useful for.

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-April/msg00886.html

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris at webarchitects.co.uk>