[CentOS] Kernel panic on Dell 1850

Jason Dixon

jason at dixongroup.net
Wed May 11 15:58:01 UTC 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Tru Huynh wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:22:17AM -0400, Jason Dixon wrote:
>>
>> However, I wonder why "yum install kernel-smp" chose the x86_64
>> kernel?
> because the kernel-smp.ia32e is missing :( (our fault)
> I am rebuilding it now, sorry.

No problem, I'm just glad it's not my fault.  :)

Would you mind posting the location when it's uploaded?  I would like
to try it out ASAP.

>>  Looking in the CentOS update repository, there is no ia32e directory.
> That is expected. The ia32e kernel is the only addition to the
> x86_64 which was there first. On CentOS-4, PNAELV just merged
> the ia32e and x86_64 kernels.

Just curious, where does the ia32e naming schema originate?  It's not
an Itanium, and it's a 64bit architecture (let's not start that
argument again, please).

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon