[CentOS] Bind on Centos4

Tony Wicks

tonyw at tonyw.com
Wed May 11 22:24:23 UTC 2005

I did that ipv6 change and it has made a significant difference (400 ms
instead of 4000) -

[root at host3 ~]# dig cisco.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> cisco.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cisco.com.                     IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
cisco.com.              86400   IN      A       198.133.219.25

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
cisco.com.              86400   IN      NS      ns1.cisco.com.
cisco.com.              86400   IN      NS      ns2.cisco.com.

;; Query time: 415 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Thu May 12 10:20:34 2005
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 79