[CentOS] CentOS Live?

Lance Davis

lance at uklinux.net
Thu May 12 11:25:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Matt Bottrell wrote:

> On 5/12/05, Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com> wrote:
> > But as a user, I
> > would as soon see CentOS focus on being a great RHEL clone, and the core
> > essentials of providing quick and reliable updates and long term
> > support.  If the CentOS team started spreading themselves too thin I,
> > and I'm sure others, would start to worry.  CentOS is about faith in
> > ongoing support.  Not about maintaining live CD's.  Leave that to
> > Knoppix, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.
> >
> > -Steve Bergman
>
> Have to agree Steve.
>
> I like CentOS as it's excellent for a RHEL clone without the $ tag.
>
> I think a Live distro if required is better suited under :
> http://caos.caosity.org/

I dont really see what difference it makes to anyone if we decide to make
a live cd of CentOS ???

It does not mean that there would be any change to the main release of the
distro, just that people would be able to see what it is like and test it
for hardware compatibility without installing.

It is a decision that will be taken by the CentOS development team.

and by the way CentOS is nothing to do with caos.caosity.org

Regards

Lance

 --
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.