[CentOS] Firefox 1.04?

Linux Rockz

linuxrockz at gmail.com
Sun May 15 03:02:17 UTC 2005

Been a while since I read the how to ...
All that is talking about is building a build enviroment for a user
(i.e) non root.

You need rpm-build installed.
Copy the spec file to the SPEC directory in your build tree.
Everything else to the SOURCES directory

Here is a quick simple script for building a user rpmbuild directory

#!/bin/sh
#
#START
echo "Run this as your normal user in users home directory"; echo "Press
a key. . ." ; read
#
cp -a /usr/src/redhat/ rpmbuild
#
cat <<EOFRPMRC > ~/.rpmrc
buildarchtranslate: i386: i386
buildarchtranslate: i486: i486
buildarchtranslate: i586: i586
buildarchtranslate: i686: i686
EOFRPMRC
#
cat <<EOFRPMMACROS > ~/.rpmmacros
%_topdir                /home/user/rpmbuild
%_tmppath               /home/user/rpmbuild/tmp
%_signature             gpg
%_gpg_name             CentOS 4
%_gpg_path             ~/.gnupg
%distribution          CentOS 4
%vendor                Caos
EOFRPMMACROS
#
echo  "Ex. rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686"
echo " Ex. binary only - rpmbuild -bb foo.spec"
echo " Ex. binary and src - rpmbuild -ba foo.spec"
#END