[CentOS] file compatibility issue

William Warren

hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Thu May 19 12:47:01 UTC 2005

installing that library allowed the program to run.  An rpm is
still desirable though..I will then submit it to the zproject for
inclusion in their downloads with proper credit given of course.

William Warren wrote:
> could you go ahead and make that rpm johnny?  I have a domain i could
> host it on if needed..:)
>

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 22:32 -0400, William Warren wrote:
>>
>>> so i just type yum -d1 and it installs it for me?
>>>

>> yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i386
>>
>> will install the package that provides that file
>> (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3)
>>
>> I don't know if that will fix all your problems with running it or not.
>>
>> If it doesn't, I can probably make
>> http://www.thezproject.org/downloads/resgen/resgenv2rc1_source.tar.gz
>> into a CentOS-4 rpm :)

Computer House Calls, Networks, Security, Web Design:
http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
What businesses are in Brunswick, Maryland?  Check Brunswick First!
http://www.checkbrunswickfirst.com
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: