[CentOS] CentOS4, KDE3.3 and 128 WEP

Maciej Zenczykowski

maze at cela.pl
Sun May 22 19:50:36 UTC 2005

You can skip wep128 or wep64 or any other wep for that matter,
currently a standard notebook with a supported wireless card running linux
can passively break through wep64/wep128 encryption within 10-30 minutes,
switching to active mode can break through the encryption within 3-5
minutes.  Simply put, encryption of the WEP kind is no longer worth the
bother.

Just look around on google, he's a quote I found:

Department: Here's a demo of the FBI, using commonly available and openly
documented hardware & software to crack WEP 128-bit security in three
minutes.

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article111-page1.php

The needed utilites can be freely downloaded of the internet.

Cheers,
MaZe.