[CentOS] Microphone problems with Skype

Linux Rockz

linuxrockz at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:28:14 UTC 2005

For what it is worth, my mic was working on FC2 with skype, krec, xten
via wine, kphone, linphone and stop after installation of FC3. Does not
work on C4 either. It does not actually capture the audio. I have 3
different boxes that have all have a VIA sound controller all 3
different make/rev. Since Alsa went into the kernel in FC3 and CentOS 4
shares similarities to FC3. I am lead to believe it's a the ALSA kernel
module(s)