[CentOS] Re: CentOS and SL, together? -- GPL, LGPL, kernel and user ...

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org>

thebs413 at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 06:09:11 UTC 2005

> Sorry ... I was talking about the SRPM from SL ... it also build the
> kernel modules ...

Oh, right, sorry -- understand what you mean now.

BTW, one of the worst assumptions I've seen is that because a distro
or project ships something, its users believe it was done legally or
with permission.  I've seen many cases where things were never
allowed to be redistributed, and they are no longer because the
distro or project finally received a cease-and-desist letter.

Not good if you're working in a company where people have installed
it.  Which is why I appreciate projects like Debian, Fedora, CentOS,
etc...

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org