[CentOS] Newbie Query about Centos: where it is going...

Beau Henderson

silentbob at gmail.com
Sun May 29 09:15:53 UTC 2005

That is the primary goal of the distribution, to remain on par with
RHEL as much as legally possible. This has been discussed previously
on the list, so I can assure you the developers are keen to keep this
distro in line with RHEL. That is its purpose of this OS as an
"enterprise" OS.

On 5/29/05, Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > - Site seems to say...Basic Centos will remain same as RHEL...is that
> > > absolute code/binary /naming & path compatibility? Is this for ever.
> > > ConfirmedDDD?
> > >
> > On the Mirrors, there are several directories ... and here is a readme:
> >
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/Readme.txt
>
> This link does not tell about future of CentOS. I ask again...Will
> CentOS always retain 100% compatibility with RHEL, aside from
> contribs & addons which will remain seperate from the main distro and
> will be installed on user selection only.
>
> Sanjay.

Beau Henderson
http://www.ImInteractive.net