[CentOS] Compiling Kernel Modules

Tue May 3 11:10:25 UTC 2005
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Tue, 3 May 2005 at 1:15pm, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote

> I basically need reiserfs3 (nb. why is it disabled? it's a module, you
> use it, it doesn't wreck anything...) and I don't really want to change
> the rest of the kernel, and I'd like to have the minimum amount of fuss on
> future kernel upgrades.

Not answering the main question, but I would guess that this module is
disabled for the same reason that XFS is -- support.  Anything Red Hat
distributes in RHEL they must support at a high level.  They decided not
to spend resources supporting XFS, and it looks like reiserfs is in the
same boat.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering